Monday, July 29, 2013

WK79 'Oh How Sweet Shall Be Our Joy'

Dear Family and Friends!
This week was definitely a learning experience for both Elder Rugg and myself. Looking back I am extremely grateful for weeks like this because I know God is molding me into who he wants me to become.
 
This week there were many trials, that included a bike crash, baptisms falling through, and honestly just feeling exhausted at times. But God provided miracles as we pushed through with faith! We were able to have four new investigators come to church that are all set with baptismal dates for next week! But the biggest miracle came after church on Sunday, Elder Rugg and myself looked at each other and both agreed that we needed to find the elect. We were focusing on having power in the words that we speak and our actions reflect purpose. Sunday night we got ten harvest blessings and found a total of fifteen people that showed HUGE signs of repentance. As we walked away I couldn't help but shout praises to God. I know he delivers us in our times of trials and adversity.
 
I did just get off the phone with President Anderson and hear of the passing of my amazing Grandma Ruby. I am grateful that God sent me into such an amazing family that has help mold me into who I am today. My Grandma Ruby changed my life. And I know that she will be such an amazing influence on the other side of the veil. She is a disciple of Jesus Christ. I also know that God is our loving Heavenly Father. That He sent us here not to fail but to one day succeed through the Lord Jesus Christ. Through the atoning blood of the Savior all mankind can be saved and enter into the Kingdom of God. I know that I will see my Grandma along with my beloved savior Jesus Christ one day. Oh how sweet shall be our joy in that day!
 
With Love,
Elder Pond