Monday, July 29, 2013

'Letter for Ruby's Funeral'

Dear Mom and Dad!
Hope all is well back home! What I do know is that God is with us through all things and I am eternally grateful for the things God has taught me out here as a missionary to help me endure trials. But I am not sure when the funeral will be, but I always asked Grandma if I could speak at her funeral. Of course I am out doing the work of God but I know spiritually I will be there. I was also wondering that if I write something if you would share it at her funeral. If this is possible it would mean a lot to me. Here is what I would love for you to share at her funeral:

Well Brothers and Sisters this is Elder Pond and I thought I would share my love for you as well for my amazing Grandma Ruby out in Sunny Southern Florida.
Today I hope everyone has smiles on their faces! In Mosiah 3:17 we learn that, "there shall be no other name given nor any other way nor means whereby salvation can come unto the children of men, only in and through the name of Christ, the Lord Omnipotent." So thus through the Savior Jesus Christ we are able to gain exaltation and inherit all that our Father in Heaven has. Christ taught us in John 3:5 that, "Except a man be born of water, and of the spirit he cannot enter the Kingdom of God!" So we know that as we make special covenants with God though Christ, like baptism, then we will be able to live with God and our family members again.
What I know is that the plan of God is perfect. That "God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten Son" and through his atoning sacrifice we can be cleansed from all sin to go live with God one day.
My Grandma Ruby followed Jesus Christ and I know was a true disciple of Jesus Christ. She changed many lives here on Earth and I know that she will change many lives on the other side of the veil. This was the plan of God from the very beginning.
There was a talk that I was reading that I would like to share an exert with you from:

"To demonstrate the kind of inner strength I am talking about, I would like to share the story of Susanna Stone Lloyd, who at the age of 26 left England in 1856 and traveled to Utah alone. The only member of her family to join the Church, Susanna was a member of the Willie Handcart Company. Like so many other pioneers, she endured life-threatening hunger, illness, and fatigue.
Upon arriving in the Salt Lake Valley, Susanna borrowed a mirror to make herself more presentable. Despite her best efforts, she recounts: “I shall never forget how I looked. Some of my old friends did not know me.” 1Having sold her own mirror to an Indian for a piece of buffalo meat, she had not spent much time looking at herself. Now she did not recognize her own image. She was a different person, both inside and out. Over the course of rocky ridges and extreme hardship came a deep conviction. Her faith had been tried, and her conversion was concrete. She had been refined in ways that the very best mirror could not reflect. Susanna had prayed for strength and found it—deep within her soul.
This is the kind of inner strength I would like to talk about. How do you and I become so converted to the truth, so full of faith, so dependent on God that we are able to meet trials and even be strengthened by them?"
Brothers and Sisters at this time let us strengthen our faith in the Savior Jesus Christ by doing what he would have us do! Let us allow this trial to strengthen our faith in the Savior and God's promises to us. Trust in those promises and never let them go.
My Grandma Ruby was an amazing lady, she changed many lives, and I know through Christ we may all see her again one day! I love you all and I love my Grandma Ruby!

Elder Pond


Mom and Dad lemme know if this is possible. Once again I would greatly appreciate it!
With Love,
Elder Pond