Monday, January 7, 2013

WK50 'Another Transfer Almost Done'

Dear Family and Friends!!
This week was full of miracles as well as God giving us many opportunities to learn and grow! The Cypress Creek Branch continues to help grow the kingdom and we are eternally grateful that the Lord has entrusted us with so many of his children to bring into Christ's fold. This week we were able to bring two of God's children the Atonement of Christ threw baptism, being able to be a part of their conversion process has really helped me become more converted as well. Needless to say, we have seen many mighty miracles here in Cypress Creek!
One of the baptisms we had was a fifteen year old girl that Elder Lee and I found about two and a half months ago. From the first day we met her leaving the harvest blessing on her doorstep to the day of her baptism I always knew she was gonna get baptized. She recognized the Spirit extremely well, it just took a while for her to act upon it. After her baptism she came up to me and sincerely thanked me. Then she said if we are teaching anyone that was stubborn like her to bring her so she can testify to them and get them baptized!
The other baptism we had was the mother of a family that got baptized a couple of weeks. We saw with her as we constantly encouraged her and did all that we can, the Lord prepared a way for her to be baptized on Sunday. After she came up to me as well and said that she now knows what we were talking about and loves this feeling! Baptism absolutely is God's will for ALL of his children!
We saw another miracle this week, while we teach. Monday night we went to go see two baptismal dates for this Sunday and they were sitting outside with the neighbors. We began asking them how their New Years Eve was going and the neighbor asked us why we didn't ask how she was doing. So we began talking to her and she expressed that today she has quite a bunch of addictions and now that it will be 2013 she is done. We then testified and testified to her and it was amazing to see her face light up. When we invited her to be baptized she looking at us and said, "I know what you guys are saying is true. I can feel it. Yes I'll be baptized!"
I truly cannot believe how fast this transfer has gone by. I have learned and grown more than I ever thought I could. I learned the importance of introspection, how to minister and administer not only to investigators but especially to missionaries, how to serve and love your companion, how to plan more effectively, and many many more things! It has been amazing to see Elder Wood change and grow this past transfer. It hasn't always been easy, but I can honestly say I love Elder Wood. He has taught me a lot about having companionship unity and showing love towards your companion. I am excited for a new and upcoming transfer and whatever the Lord has in store for me, my area, and my district, I am ready! Because next P-day we will know if someone is getting transferred or not so be looking foreword to the big news!!
But I love ya'll and am grateful for your prayers. I know that they contribute to our success in bringing souls unto Christ. Always strive to bring everyone you see the gospel by opening your mouth to them! Miracles will come to pass, for it is a promise from God.
With Love,
Elder Pond