Tuesday, October 23, 2012

WK39 'Many Mighty Miracles'

Dear Family and Friends!!
So last night we got a transfer call and the news was shocking! I am
leaving Fort Laud South.. I am excited for whatever the Lord has in
store for me for sure, but can't help but to be sad because of all the
people I have grown very close to here in the amazing city of Fort
Lauderdale. I know that wherever the Lord sends me there are some of
His children waiting for the Lord to guide me to bring the Gospel of
Jesus Christ to!
President Anderson gave us an amazing announcement in our email this
week. "We just got word last week that the Florida Fort Lauderdale
Mission is the highest baptizing Mission in the United States and
Canada. This hasn’t happened out of the Utah Missions in a long time I
am told. What an honor to know that you missionaries are working so
hard and reaping such great miracles in finding the elect of God. I
wasn’t going to announce this because we shouldn’t compare with
others, but General Authorities are telling other leaders and I rather
you hear it from me. Remember God’s hand is in this work and he has
poured out his Spirit to make us instruments in His hands. You are
amazing missionaries and I couldn’t be prouder to be a part of your
Mission." Once again I was reminded of Ammon in Alma 26:12 when I read
that we are the highest baptizing mission in the US and Canada
missions. It is only because of the Lord and our faith that this has
been made possible. But it truly is a mighty miracle which we have
received from God! I am eternally grateful for the blessings from God
in this work. It has truly shown me that with him ALL things are
possible!
This week I definitely learned how much revelation comes threw church
attendance and how we must never give up on God's children. When I
first got to Fort Lauderdale South we found an amazing man who had
heavy troubles with the Word of Wisdom. We helped him overcome those
problems and he was preparing to be baptized but two days before his
baptism we lost contact with him for about four weeks. Those four
weeks were extremely hard because I knew that our friend needed the
blessings of baptism in his life. So every day for those four weeks we
called him and went to knock on his door at least twice a week. He
just ignored us time and time again. Then about a week ago we finally
got back in contact with him and the reason he was ignoring us was
because he relapsed with drinking and smoking and felt very guilty. We
testified to him that there was hope ahead and that no matter what
happened or will happen we will always love him. This week we got this
child of God to come to church to see his daughters baptism even
though he was drinking the night before. It was amazing to see the
change in this man just in a mere couple of hours. He was overcome
with the love and happiness that he felt during Stake Conference and
then after when he saw his daughter get baptized he said that he saw
his life flash before his eyes. He saw all those mistakes he had made
and he felt God speak to him that he NEEDS to be baptized. Then he
envisioned himself dressed in white on his baptism day and announced
to us that he will be quitting drinking and baptized next Sunday!
We also saw a miracle happen with one of our baptisms this week. She
came to Stake Conference all ready for her baptism and for some reason
got very afraid and started making excuses on how she isn't ready for
baptism. So we took the training into action and kept our faith and
began testifying to this daughter of God on how much God needs her to
be baptized and follow Jesus Christ. While we were testifying she
finally brought up her true concern and we overcame that and she was
baptized. We must keep faith with everyone and testify boldly always!
There was another miracle that we saw this week with the Book of
Mormon! We were eating dinner with a member family and she invited her
nonmember sister who we have been teaching. The member invited her to
read Moroni 10:4 and this nonmember got half way threw and then began
weeping. She said that a feeling involuntarily came into her from God
and that she knew it was the Spirit. The Book of Mormon carries the
Spirit like nothing else.
I am very excited for transfers and can't wait for what lies ahead. I
know that the Lord has even bigger things in store for our mission
just as we trust in him fully! I absolutely know that this is the
Lords work! Miracles happen every single day! I love ya'll and
continue to send letters to the mission office!
With Love,
Elder Pond