Tuesday, September 4, 2012

WK 32 'A Transfer & Week Full of Miracles'

Dear Family and Friends!
It was so amazing to hear from ya this week!! But unfortunately this
letter is going to be a little shorter than normal because I am not
feeling well and need to rest so we can go out and work hard the rest
of the week! Don't worry I'll be fine though I just need some rest!
Lately around the mission there has been this Spirit that is really
amazing! We have been pushing to do what had not been done before as
an area and a mission like this week! We saw many miracles in the area
and I know they came as we "fully immersed ourselves in obedience" and
hard work! This transfer so far has been absolutely amazing! We have
been lead to many souls that have been searching for the gospel just
know not where to find it. This week we have twenty three souls who
have a baptismal date and are preparing to be baptized! It truly
brings me soo much happyness to know that we are instruments in the
Lords hands in bringing them that happyness that comes from the gospel
of Jesus Christ!
I'll share a few of the many miracles that have been happening before
Elder Hall and mine eyes! When I first got to the area there was an
amazing lady that had been meeting with the missionaries for a very
long time, had amazing desires and knew everything was true, it was
just really hard for her to put works with her amazing faith due to
hard times. But we always had complete faith in her and showed her the
upmost love and eventually that rubbed off on her and she came to
church. The next week with the Lords help she was able to enter into
the waters of baptism and follow our Savior Jesus Christ. Then this
past Sunday when she was confirmed she bore powerful testimony of the
change that the gospel of Jesus Christ has taken place in her life. It
almost brought tears to my eyes. She was up there pounding the pulpit
and now I call her the "Pulpit Pounder"! She has a very strong
testimony and we love her very much! She's probably eventually going
to read this on my blog so I just wanna let her know that she is
amazing and as long as she continues in the gospel of Jesus Christ
everything will work out in her life! This experience showed me that
LOVE is one of the single most powerful forces in the entire world.
The scriptures say all the time that charity never faileth and without
charity you are nothing. We must have charity towards all men no
matter what! It's a comandment from God! It will also allow miracles
to happen!
I love it when the Lord leads us to those people who are ready and
prepared to accept the gospel of Jesus Christ. This week we were
harvesting in a new area and we knocked on the door of this amazing
lady. She let us right in and introduced her to her family of seven
that lives there. We left the harvest blessing and immediately after
the blessing she said "We need to change our lives"! We were able to
testify that threw following Jesus Christ and being baptized they
would be able to. They all came to church this week and now are
preparing to be baptized this week!
The work is amazing I love it so much! I can't believe transfers are
soo close already, two weeks away! We'll see what happens. Write me
letters and I'll talk to ya'll soon!
God Be With You Till We E-Mail Again!
With Love,
Elder Pond