Monday, July 30, 2012

WK 27 'Another Week of Miracles!' 7/3012

Dear Family and Friends,
Once again another week where my heart is absolutely full of joy for the work of the Lord here in the Fort Lauderdale Mission! In the month of July we reached one hundred and fourty one baptisms as a mission! This is absolutely remarkable and another miracles that was brought to pass by our Father in Heaven! I am so glad that we were able to contribute here in Wellington to that number. But more importantly that Elder Chamberlain and I were able to help six souls make covenants with our Father in Heaven to make it to the Celestial Kingdom. I am extremely excited to one day in the Celestial Kingdom be able to spend time with our souls that we baptized. That will truly be an amazing day! I can't even express how happy I will be to see them enter into the Celestial Kingdom! We are changing peoples lives and helping them qualify for celestial glory! It truly is an amazing work that we are doing!
Last night we got done seeing the family that Elder Chamberlain and I recently baptized and something amazing happened. The husband was walking us out to our bikes and we were just talking. Then he said something that will stay with me for the rest of my life. We really appreciate you guys, and he said it with the upmost sincerity! Right then the Spirit came to me and told me that all the hard work we put in as missionaries is without a doubt worth everything!
One miracle that we saw this week in Wellington South was while we were harvesting we felt prompted to knock on a duplex that wasn't where we planned on harvesting. So we followed the prompted and a guy answered the door and immediately began telling us how he wasn't interested and he already has people come over and pray with them. So he doesn't really need us. But we began talking and he expressed his concern that his family was searching for a church and want to go to the church across the street. Of course that is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Saints and that just opened the door to us testifying that Jesus Christ sent us here! We then blessed their home and their entire family is pumped to get baptized! I definetly learned that you can never give up on a person. At first it might seem like they are not interested, but this is the restored gospel of Jesus Christ! Everyone is interested in what the gospel will bring into their lives! We just must always have that faith and charity for everyone.
I love being a representive of our Savior Jesus Christ! I can't wait to do even more things that have not been done before as a mission! And I am excited for whatever the Lord has in store for me now! Because it's transfer time again.. A week from today we will get a transfer call to know whether we are staying or the Lord needs us somewhere else and then will be transfered on August 8th! Everyone here in Wellington keeps saying I am leaving but I'm in denial at least for now.. I can't leave I love this place it is my home! But in the end I will absolutely TRUST in what our Father in Heaven has in store for me and know it is what is best in the end! So be careful where you send mail one again but you can always send it to the mission home, 7951 SW 6th Street #110, Ft. Lauderdale, FL, 33324, and it will get to me where ever I am! So for the next couple of weeks send packages and letters to the mission home till I know what's up!
This week I was really looking back on how much I have truly learned and grown from out here and it is so much! I absolutely love it! My testimony in the restored gospel of Jesus Christ is strengthened every single day! We have a baptism today actually and hopefully three or four on Sunday so it should be an amazing week! I'll let ya'll know next week how it went for sure! And I can't wait to hear from ya'll back home!
With Love,
Elder Pond